THE IBOM GOLF ACADEMY
Instruction with integrity.......it's our passion
Le Meridien Ibom hotel & Golf Resort is a purpose built golf resort with everything available on one site. We are considered to be the best in Nigeria and provide 1st class facilities. We offer inclusive golf packages – stay and play packages, corporate golf days and event hosting. We provide PGA Qualified golf tuition – clinics, group coaching and residential golf schools.
The hotel and its golf club have very experienced event management personnel and dedicated motivated associates who have been trained by what is acknowledged to be the best training program in the hospitality industry.
Individual Tuition Program
- Assessment Session – this is a free of charge session of 15 minutes duration to explain the coaching program that will be needed to improve a pupil. This can be on an individual basis or as part of a group.
- Individual Coaching Session – this is of 45 minutes duration and can be taken with the player’s instructor of choice. This can be a one off session or form part of a coaching program.
- On Course Coaching Session – this is of 2 hours duration and takes place entirely on the golf course. It concentrates on the player’s mental preparation, course management and strategy, rather than technical work on the player’s swing.
Group Tuition Program
- Introduction to Golf – this is designed specifically for groups of up to 8 people who are interested in discovering golf for the first time. Each session lasts for 2 hours and explains the basics of the game.
- Ready to play – this has been designed specifically for groups of 8 golfers who are new to the game, and includes 2 hours tuition in the morning, lunch and then some play on the course in the afternoon. .
- Ready to Compete – this has been designed specifically for groups of 8 golfers who have been playing for a while and includes individual swing analysis with the V1 system, 2 hours tuition each morning, lunch and then 9 holes of supervised play.
- Ready for the Tour – this has been designed specifically for groups of 4 golfers normally lower handicaps and includes individual swing analysis with V1 system, or a fitness assessment, 2 hours tuition or gym session in the morning, lunch and then 18 holes golf in the afternoon.
These are valuable ways of adding value to any corporate golf day or to assist the membership development process of any group of golfers
- Demonstration – this has been designed specifically as a client non- participation clinic with the themes ranging from common fault fixes, power golf, to understanding the swing etc. These clinics are of 60 minutes duration and will be hosted by the most well qualified member of the coaching staff.
- Clinic Hour – this has been designed specifically as a client participation clinic. These clinics are of 90 minutes duration and will have 2 members of the coaching staff in attendance.
- Short game - this has been designed specifically as a client participation clinic dedicated to the short game, which includes chipping, pitching, bunker shots, putting. These clinics are of 90 minutes duration and will have 2 members of the coaching staff in attendance.
- Long game - this has been designed specifically as a client participation clinic dedicated to the long game, which includes swing analysis, driving, fairway woods. These clinics are of 90 minutes duration and will have 2 members of the coaching staff in attendance.
- Power golf - this has been designed specifically as a client participation clinic dedicated to increasing power. It includes Strength & Flexibility testing, exercises for improving balance. These clinics are of 90 minutes duration and will have 2 members of the coaching staff in attendance.
- Course management - this has been designed specifically as a client participation clinic dedicated to course management. These clinics are of 90 minutes duration and will have 2 members of the coaching staff in attendance.
Corporate Day Specials
These are additional golf professional services that will add value to any corporate or charity day.
• Beat the Pro – With a professional positioned at a par 3 hole on the course the field have the chance to try to hit their tee shot nearer to the pin than the pro manages to. This is a very enjoyable and exciting addition to any event as each player who manages to beat the professional would win a prize.
• Buy the Pro’s tee shot – With a professional positioned on the tee of a challenging driving hole on the course, for a pre-arranged fee (normally a charitable donation) any player can buy the tee shot hit by the professional to replace their own on this one hole.
• Play a hole with the Pro – the professional will play one nominated hole (normally a par 3) with each group and be in a position to offer advice to everyone involved.
• Swing Analysis – On a nominated hole (normally the 1st hole) each player will have their swing filmed
and then on completion of play a member of the coaching team will be available to analyze each swing taken. This is a real fun activity which carries its own benefits for everyone playing.
Ibom Academy Golf Development Program
The Ibom Academy Golf Development Program has been established to connect on a social responsibility level with the local community through a number of initiatives.
• Junior Golf Development Program – this is a weekly activity for groups of youngsters between the ages of 7 to 12. Male or female players can be assisted on this scheme and its focus is the delivery of basic tuition in the fundamentals of the game. The coaching sessions are of 2 hours duration and always have 2 pros in attendance.
• Junior Academy Program – this has been specifically designed to develop young golfers and is a fee based activity of the academy that offers a complete golfing education.
• Junior Scholarships – this is an extension of the Junior Academy Program, and it offers 2 students of the Junior Academy Program junior membership of the Ibom GC, use of a set of clubs (if they don’t have their own), individual monthly tuition, and academy tuition.
For More Information, please see below
Golf Club Manager Roger Yates